What is General Liability Insurance:
General liability insurance is the most basic type of insurance which will protect you against lawsuits against your business; slip and falls, personal injury, liable/slander, product liability, fire legal liability all can be protected with a general liability insurance policy.
Who Needs General Liability Insurance:
- Restaurants: protection against consumers getting sick and/or getting injured in the restaurant.
- Carpenter: his work damages the structure he is working in or he bursts a water pipeline by accident.
- Hair Stylist: Trip and fall / personal injury.
- Cable Installer: Hits a main city power line which results in him getting sued
Who Can Request I have General Liability Insurance:
- Land Lord
- Large Clients
- City or Government Entity
What is an Additional Insured:
An additional insured is an entity who shares the same protection as the named insured on a liability insurance policy. Entities such as land lords and contractors will at times request they be added on your policy.
Acord Certificate of Insurance:
A certificate of insurance is a document showing your business has insured. Acord is simply the name of the company which sets the standards on how the certificate is written. ACORD DOES NOT INSURE YOU.